Best Educational Animation Software for Beginners [Update 2019]
Teaching materials are no longer limited to texts and documents. The development of technology provides people an access to a variety of resources like audios, games, and animations. Animated videos are a great tool for online educators to better the learner’s experiences, with exciting sounds and visuals, that are fun, engaging and motivating, which could result in significantly improved learning outcomes. And producing animation is not hard. In this article, you could find various educational animation software that is both beautiful and user-friendly for you beginner.
Best educational animation software
in eLearning industry
A short Cartoon Network standard animated video could take months to produce. It involves plenty of work including script writing, storyboarding, designing, illustrating, and animating. All of them require different sets of skills that could take years to master. Obviously, if you are looking for a way to upgrade online courses with high-quality videos, you should contact a professional studio to get the work done nicely. However, if you want to do it yourself, there are various educational animation software for beginners that help people, with no design background, create their own animated videos.
Moovly is a cloud-based digital media content creation platform which enables users to create engaging animated videos, presentations, and infographics. Moovly allows people to use a huge library of pre-built, pre-animated and editable groups of media objects with users’ own content to create stunning video projects.
- Huge royalty-free media library with over 500,000 videos, illustrations, photos, sounds, and music.
- Moovly Studio editor with a new and improved user interface for more flexible and intuitive experience.
- Video generator Moovly Bots automatically creates content based on templates and user’s data.
Pricing: US$8.25/month or US$99/year
- Voice-over narration is automatic. Users just have to provide the words then the tools would sync the character’s voice.
- Various themes from all industries and occupations are available with more being added all the time.
- Full character customization is offered with hundreds of color shades and different styles.
US$49/month or US$299/year for Publish plan.
US$89/month or US$649/year for Premium plan.
Free Checklist: How to Make Animated Educational Videos for Online Courses Essential steps and notes to help you organize your tasks
Free Checklist: How to Make Animated Educational Videos for Online Courses
Essential steps and notes to help you organize your tasks
With a mission “so everyone can animate”, PowToon is an intuitive educational animation software that enables anyone, even those with no designing background to create engaging animated videos.
- Huge library with different looks including modern edge, whiteboard, infographic, cartoon, and corporate styles.
- Various templates of characters, objects, backgrounds, and layouts.
- Unlimited royalty free music
- Export to PDF and PowerPoint is available
Pricing: US$19/month for Pro plan
VideoScribe is an amazing software specializing in whiteboard animated videos for education. It enables users to achieve a cleaner look than the traditional animations where narrators record themselves drawing.
- Full customization of font, images, canvas, hand drawing styles, and music track
- Enable users to upload and use their own content
- Easily export to PowerPoint
Pricing: US$17.5/month or US$96/year
Animaker is one of the easiest video editing software in the world. It is suitable for new creators who want to produce animated videos, video infographics and series of animated presentations.
- Pre-designed templates to support all industries such as education, corporate training, business, entertaining and so on.
- Six different video styles available for users to choose in one tool (2D, infographics, handcraft, whiteboard, 2.5D and typography).
- Over 50 background music tracks and 175 sound effects to add more life into your videos.
- Exporting video in full HD quality to impress your audience on YouTube and Facebook.
Pricing: US$19/ month
Most of the animation software requires no installation. You could create your own animations for educational purposes with an affordable annual fee. However, it seems that these tools are best for general ideas or presentation. The pre-designed illustrations limit users in more specific subjects. For example, if you are designing an engineering course, you would find it hard to create a video on how a machine works. The software library only provides you common templates of characters, object, and backgrounds. If you are looking for animations that fit perfectly for your learning content and audience, you should consider contact a studio.
Contact us for free consultation on how to create effective animations for education
Now that you’ve chosen animation for educational purposes, it’s time to find a studio and make it happen! But, to hire an animation studio that can fulfill your needs is no hasty job. Indeed, before putting your trust and investment in somewhere, there are many...
The use of animation in education is very popular these days. Most teachers, and that includes those who teach higher education, look to it as a way to connect to a more tech-savvy generation of learners. But what exactly do you use animation for? What...
The idea of combining education with entertainment has never gone out of style. Indeed, edutainment’s main role is to make learning more delightful and effective. Nowadays, in the digital world, learning through a visual and auditory form such as edutainment...