Best Educational Animation Software for Beginners [Update 2020]
Teaching materials are no longer limited to texts and documents. The development of technology provides people an access to a variety of resources like audios, games, and animations. Animated videos are a great tool for online educators to better the learner’s experiences, with exciting sounds and visuals, that are fun, engaging and motivating, which could result in significantly improved learning outcomes. And producing animation is not hard. In this article, you could find various educational animation software that is both beautiful and user-friendly for you beginner.
Best educational animation software in eLearning industry
A short Cartoon Network standard animated video could take months to produce. It involves plenty of work including script writing, storyboarding, designing, illustrating, and animating. All of them require different sets of skills that could take years to master. Obviously, if you are looking for a way to upgrade online courses with high-quality videos, you should contact a professional studio to get the work done nicely. However, if you want to do it yourself, there are various educational animation software for beginners that help people, with no design background, create their own animated videos. Here are our top 6 favorites listed in order of pricing. There are so many wonderful features so take your time to explore the one that suits your needs (and your budget too!).
VideoScribe is an amazing software specializing in whiteboard animated videos for education. It enables users to achieve a cleaner look than the traditional animations where narrators record themselves drawing.
- Full customization of font, images, canvas, hand drawing styles, and music track
- Enable users to upload and use their own content
- Easily export to PowerPoint
- 7-day free trial
Pricing: US $8/ month – US $17.5/month
One of the hottest animation software in 2020! Renderforest is free, online and an all-in-one design platform. Its cloud-based video maker is full of templates and easy-to-use features. Making animated videos for education is made super comfortable with Renderforest.
- Hundreds of templates to create animated videos
- More than 195.000 HD royalty-free stock videos
- Automated video creation based on AI and machine learning algorithms
- Voice-over is conveniently synced with every selected scene
- Music recommendations are hand-picked by Renderforest team
- Free plans are offered “forever”
Pricing: US $9.99/month – US $99/month.
If you don’t plan to use Renderforest regularly, the pay-per-product solution is definitely appealing.
Animaker is one of the easiest video editing software in the world. It is suitable for new creators who want to produce animated videos, video infographics and series of animated presentations.
- Pre-designed templates to support all industries such as education, corporate training, business, entertaining and so on.
- Six different video styles available for users to choose in one tool (2D, infographics, handcraft, whiteboard, 2.5D and typography).
- Over 50 background music tracks and 175 sound effects to add more life into your videos.
- Exporting video in full HD quality to impress your audience on YouTube and Facebook.
- Free account is available with limited features
Pricing: US$19/ month – US$79/ month
With a mission “so everyone can animate”, PowToon is an intuitive educational animation software that enables anyone, even those with no designing background to create engaging animated videos.
- Huge library with different looks including modern edge, whiteboard, infographic, cartoon, and corporate styles.
- Various templates of characters, objects, backgrounds, and layouts.
- Unlimited royalty free music
- Export to PDF and PowerPoint is available
Pricing: US $19/month – US $197/month
Moovly is a cloud-based digital media content creation platform which enables users to create engaging animated videos, presentations, and infographics. Moovly allows people to use a huge library of pre-built, pre-animated and editable groups of media objects with users’ own content to create stunning video projects.
- Huge royalty-free media library with over 500,000 videos, illustrations, photos, sounds, and music.
- Moovly Studio editor with a new and improved user interface for more flexible and intuitive experience.
- Video generator Moovly Bots automatically creates content based on templates and user’s data.
- Free use with basic features for beginners with no time-limited.
Pricing: US $24/month – US $99/month.
Their education plans are at reduced pricing, which is more available for students, teachers, or professors.
- Voice-over narration is automatic. Users just have to provide the words then the tools would sync the character’s voice.
- Various themes from all industries and occupations are available with more being added all the time.
- Full character customization is offered with hundreds of color shades and different styles.
- 14-day free trial for new users
Pricing: US $25/month – US $159/month
Most of the animation software requires no installation. You could create your own animations for educational purposes with an affordable annual fee. However, it seems that these tools are best for general ideas or presentations. The pre-designed illustrations limit users in more specific subjects. For example, if you are designing an engineering course, you would find it hard to create a video on how a machine works. The software library only provides you common templates of characters, objects, and backgrounds. If you are looking for animations that fit perfectly for your learning content and audience, you should consider contacting a studio.
Still not what you are looking for? Don’t worry!
If you read all but think that it’s too hard to begin, navigate now to Turn your slide lessons into animation in just five steps. It’s not as hard to make one immediately as you thought! Just carefully walk through a step-by-step tutorial, watch the vlog if necessary, and 3 examples of how these listed tools created animation easily. Many have tried this as we strongly hope that help, and strongly recommend you experience once by yourself to feel the magic of animation!
Contact us for free consultation on how to create effective animations for education
Have you ever watched an animation series that has a very nice drawing style and tells a compelling story in the first few videos, but it is only getting downhill from the next one? Especially in the field of education, where the videos need to be constantly...
From the point of view of a client who has a tight deadline to meet, everything has to be ‘right here, right now.’ However, like all other creative services, animation production takes time and usually follows a logical process to optimize resources and ensure...
A script for an educational animated video can be seen as a guide or a map for smooth and flawless video production. Just how can you write one most effectively, you asked? You can either choose to hire an in-house agency, a freelancer or write it yourself;...